Designed by Robert Clark, Zenara was originally built in 1972 for the Ocean Youth Club. She is ketch rigged, with wonderful classic lines and the ability to sail safely across the oceans. Since going into private ownership she has been completely refitted so that she has comfortable accommodation and all that is needed for ease of handling and great sailing by a small crew.
The beautiful yacht, Zenara
On deck Zenara is spacious and comfortable, she has a large, safe cockpit with a slightly raised helming position. She is generously proportioned below deck, with four cabins for up to eight or nine people: one large double forward, which can be a large double as shown in the plan and picture, or set up as bunk beds; plus a second double ensuite berth; two bunk bed cabins and a navigators berth; with a separate shower and another toilet.
There is plenty of deck space for sunbathing, dolphin spotting, star gazing and relaxation as well as for practical sail handling. As you go down below, she has a well designed pilot house navigation area, equipped with the latest electronics and communications facilities. She is comfortable, with a great galley so you can enjoy good cooking and food. In the centre of the boat she has a very spacious saloon for below deck dining, or just for some peace and quiet!
Adventure, relax and enjoy
Enjoy fantastic sailing on a classic sailing yacht, whether you are looking for adventurous ocean sailing, which is what she was originally designed for, or want delightful, relaxing sailing and coastal cruising, with island hopping in the sun. Whichever sailing experience you choose, the emphasis is on your enjoyment and fun.
- North and UK Halsey sails: including, mainsail with slab reefing, mizzen, gennaker, furling genoa, furling jib and self tacking inner staysail
Navigation and electronics
- Garmin touch screen plotter/GPS and radar, B&G instruments and Mamba automatic pilot
- Generator supplying 240 V AC and the yacht's 24 V batteries
- Inverter providing 240V for laptops etc
Design and Safety
- Zenara has classical lines with a surprisingly modern shape below the water line.
- Her waterline length and displacement mean she is comfortable in all waters.
- Her construction is composite, fibre glass with a foam sandwich core giving natural insulation in the heat. Her steel frames make her as strong as you could wish.
- Our yacht is MCA coded, with the highest specification of all the relevant safety equipment.